Wednesday, June 11, 2008

2008 Scrap More Challenge

These are challenges that were given from a yahoo scrapbook thread started and located here in Utah. The challenges were a week long. They started Monday after the challenge was posted and due by sunday at midnight. Some ladies decided they were going to issue mini challenges in that weeks time also. Each lady was to pick a winner at the end of the week and that person would get a prize. After a while the prize was worth it, but just getting something done felt so great. I used up a lot of my stash and got a lot accomplished. We started the challenges in Feb and they ended in the middle of April.
Challenge #7: Masterpiece
Sorry these are a bit blurry. Haven't had a chance to enhance and fix them up yet. The top of these 2 layouts are two pieces of paper together with batting inbetween them and run under my sewing machine for some stitching effects. You can't really see it here in these phots. It looks great! CTMH products are used here also.

I named these pages after a poem that I found looking around online. I was so impressed. Look below to see the poem. I think it fits perfect for the pics that I have on these pages.
Again these are pics of Jayde in April of 2004. Just think I scrapped them in April of 08. I think I'm a bit behind!

Challenge #8

Ok this was a fun yet challenging challenge. I wasn't planning on doing this challenge. I had a lot going on in my life at the time and was content to just sit back and see what some of the other ladies came up with. On the last day, Sunday, I decided I wanted to scrap. I got my inspiration from the hat Jayde is wearing. The challenge was to find something man made and copy it onto a layout. Now you know what I mean by the hat being my inpiration. This hat was made for me my 6th grade year by my mom. It sure did make it for many years. Jayde is approx 8-9 months old at the time in 2004.



All CTMH products. I traced out my own petals, cut them out, sanded, and inked them myself. I glued them on one by one and used pop up dots to give it the 3-d effect. I really love how this turned out. It got me out of the box. Just like a lot of the other challenges have done.
I cut out these flowers myself and made my own leaves also. These pages all around were all hand made with love.




Challenge #9


This challenge we were to post some recent photos of ourselves. Lucky for me I had just taken a few self portraits the week before. After posting them we were to take them and scrapbook them and then write something about ourselves on it. Now, I don't just do one single page layouts. There has to be 2 pages so they can go side by side in the book. I decided to take 2 photos that I took back in december and the recent photos of myself and do a double page layout. All CTMH products.





These were taken in december, during the BAD winter we had. This pic was one of the highlights of my winter. I used it as my desktop background and stared at it to keep myself sane from shoveling foot after foot of snow. Hence the reason for the snowflakes and snowmen on this brightly colored page. TE HE HE! =)
This page was fun to do and make up. I was glad that the challenge was given and I decided to participate. I know years down the road I will want to know what I was in my life at the time the photos were taken.
Here is a little bit about myself and what I was doing back in April of 08!


Challenge #5


This challenge was a hard one for me at the time. I thought I was going to be able to get this one done in plenty of time. The mini challenges were to take 15-30 mins and clean certain areas of the house each day, and to pick out pictures for the layouts, then the next day you picked out more for the layout. I had no idea what I was getting together for these pages until 2 days before the challenge was due. The lady who gave the challenge sent us to the CK website to do one of the challenges off of there and downloaded what we were to copy. Needless to say there are two very seperate layouts done as one. Does that make sense. Prob not. O'well... CTMH products are used. Anyway, I had mentioned that I thought I was going to be able to get this done in plenty of time. BOY was I WRONG. My dh decided to fix his car at that time and needed my help. Sunday night we finished with the car about 11 pm and the project was due by midnight. I knew I needed to hurry and get it finished. I had most of it put together, but needed to finish. I got them finished and up on the group site in time, but without any journaling on them. I put the journaling on the next day. Funny thing is... my dh car still didn't work after all the time we put into it! LOL! Oh well... you win some you lose some!


Mary Had A Little Cow

Jayde (3 months old) on halloween 2003. My sister kindly let me borrow the cow outfit for Jayde on her very first halloween. I kind of figured the outfit to be perfect since I felt like the cow supplying the milk, and she was the product of it. Her older sister, Brytni, was a princess, but I liked the idea of Mary and the cow (instead of the lamb). On the tag it says "Mary had a little cow, little cow, little cow! Mary had a little cow who followed her to school one day." You get the idea. I thought it was a cute idea. They are two peas in a pod. They do almost everything together even though there is a 4 yr gap between the two of them.
Halloween night we went to Dh's cousins house. He was away at the time, but his wife was home. We were pretty good friends at the time and didn't want her to be alone with her 3 month old son on Halloween. Dh is a funny funny man and took some candy eyeballs and had them adhered to his face with tape and we took a pic. It was SO funny! Good times, good times.
Jayde's First Santa Visit

The title of the page kind of explains it all. She was so fascinated with Santa's beard... She actually reached her hand up and grabbed the beard and practically yanked. Guess it was a good thing that the beard was REAL! It was a great time in our lives.
Out of the scraps and stuff we made a card and tag. I didn't really care for the scraps that I had. I used them anyway and I was in such a hurry to get them and finished so I could get a prize.





10 Things I Love About You & I Will Love You Today, Tomorrow, and Always
This is a CTMH Heart of Winter Packet that I received when I first signed up with CTMH. I finally put it together a little over a year of being with CTMH. This was apart of one of the challenges given. The rest of this challenge were some mini challenges to go along with them.
There are always 10 things you love about someone. I wrote mine down and added them to these pages. I have an amazing Husband so figuring them out weren't that hard. I sure do appreciate him.
I will love you today, tomorrow, and always is a statement I thought fits my thoughts of us perfectly. No matter what we have been through in our almost 6 years of marriage we love each other unconditinally and it really shows.
There were examples that of the layouts on the directions you follow and I decided to use some of those one liners and add them to these layouts to complete them.




Bridal Photos
These are my Bridals. I have waited almost 6 years to do them. Made with CTMH products
I never could find the perfect way I wanted to display my bridal photos on a page. When a great gal on my scrapbook group gave the challenge it took me a while to figure out what I was going to do. Then one day that week I was in my scrapbook room and looking around I finally figured out what papers I could use. Then I started looking at pics and found my bridals. I knew right then and there that these pics were perfect for the job!
Here is a pic of some of the effects it gives off

This is a chipboard letter I bought at Robert's Crafts and covered in CTMH paper and added my own stuff to it. The flower and ribbon is also CTMH.
I just really love the effect of cutting out something floral and adding it to the top of your pics

This was the card we made out of our scraps. Turned out ok, but nothing too fantastic. It was fun though.




Easter 2007
From the Cherish book of layouts, an easter die cut package I got a long long time ago that I used the eggs out of, I also stamped the eggs, the jelly bean tree I made myself. Some of the jelly beans came in the easter die cut package. I didn't have enough of them so I cut out some of my own. The tree trunk was a copy from another tree I made, and the leaves were made and cut out by hand. The bunny was made from faux fur, and template I happened to come across on the internet. Not sure which site, I just printed it off for future use. Glad it came in handy at the time.
These pics were taken in my yard Easter of 2007. These were taken in my tulip garden off to the side of my driveway. These pics were so much fun to take. I take pics there every spring. Ask my girls. Look for a page titled "Tulip Kids" in the future. And of course Easter 2008. I have pics of them there too.

1 comment:

belle d. said...

oh my heck, jasmine! these rock! they're soooo beautiful! i really have a lot of work to do to get caught up with you! beautiful work! tfs! and i'm so happy i can leave a comment now!
abrazos,
bella